(Updated 6th April 2021)
Is the Safari Park open?
Current Scottish Government guidance means that we can open to provide a safe, outdoor environment for Stirling local authority residents only.
We are open seven days a week, from 9:30am until 5:30pm.
How do I book tickets to visit the Safari Park?
Tickets until the 25th April are available to book on our website now.
Visitor numbers are limited, and tickets are not available to purchase at the gate. All visitors are required to book in advance. This includes our members, and anyone with a pre-purchased ticket or gift card. Tickets are non-refundable, so please ensure you choose a date that suits you.
Current travel restrictions state that we can only welcome visitors from within the Stirling Council area, so please do not travel to us if you are outside this area.
Is the Safari Park a safe place to visit?
We’re an open-air attraction situated in 160 acres of parkland, so there’s plenty of space for social distancing. We have a range of safety measures in place at the park and ask all our visitors to observe the rules we have set out on face coverings and social distancing. All our rules are in line with current guidance and are for the safety of both our visitors and staff.
Can I meet with friends and family at the Safari Park?
Everyone must follow Scottish Government guidance. This means that gathering in groups of more than two households or with more than two adults from two separate households is not permitted.
Will all areas of the Safari Park be open as usual?
There is still plenty to see and do, but there are a few changes to access around the park. Please see below for specific details about our facilities and attractions:
- Our toilet facilities and baby-changing areas are open. We’ll be managing these areas, so there may be a short wait to use the toilets.
- Our gift shops are closed.
- The indoor Food Court is closed, but our food kiosks are open for takeaway service.
- There’s plenty of space to bring a picnic and some undercover picnic tables available, but our indoor marquee picnic area is closed.
- Our BBQs are available and can be reserved on arrival. It is not possible to book these in advance.
- Our Safari Bus is not running.
- It is not possible for our live Keeper talks to take place, but these have been pre-recorded and can be accessed online here.
- Our bird-of-prey display will take place as usual. Our sea lions are on holiday whilst their pool is being upgraded so there will be no sea lion presentation.
- We’ve temporarily closed the raised tiger viewing platform and the tigers can now be viewed from a new area in Pets Farm.
- The raised elephant viewing platform is closed, but it will be possible to view the elephant from the path that runs alongside her habitat. It’s not possible for us to open the indoor areas of the safari park, so the elephant house will also be closed.
- Lemur Land is open, but, due to the increased risk of Covid transmission to primates, visitors must wear face coverings to enter this area of the Safari Park.
- Our meerkats are off show whilst their habitat is upgraded, so will not be available to view.
- As per government guidance our amusement rides, including bouncy castle, dodgems and kiddi rides, will be closed.
- As per government guidance, our flying fox, astroglide slide and pedal boats are closed. However the play-park, including the giant Fort, mini Land Rovers and mini tractors, will be open.
Can I book a group or school visit?
At the present time we are not taking any school or group bookings. However, if you’d like to enquire about a reservation for 2021, please email us on email@example.com
How do I book or re-book my animal experience or Keeper for a Day experience?
Unfortunately, we’re unable to run our animal experiences. We will restart these experiences as soon as we can and will update the information on this page as soon as we know when these will be available again.
I am a new member. How do I pick up my membership card?
You can collect your membership card at the safari park on your first visit after we reopen.
I am not able to visit. Will my membership be extended?
We cannot offer a refund or extension on membership if you are not able to visit. However, we’re optimistic that restrictions will be eased as the year progresses and hope that you’ll be able to visit us later in the season.
I have a question. How can I get in touch?
The best way is via email at firstname.lastname@example.org