Applications now open for the position of: Unpaid Internship
Program details: Blair Drummond Safari Park is offering an exciting and engaging internship program; perfect for individuals who are interested in pursuing a career in the marine mammal care and training field or university students looking to complete their work based learning placements!
This internship will provide candidates a unique opportunity to work very closely with our amazing group of California Sea Lions, supervised at all times by professional, experienced trainers, while gaining animal care and behaviour management skills with a certificate of achievement on completion.
Responsibilities: Successful candidates will have the opportunity to obtain first-hand experience by assisting with:
- Daily husbandry
- Training and enrichment sessions
- Guest services and public education and presentations
- Record keeping and communication
- Daily water quality management
- Facility maintenance
- Conservation charity fund-raising
- Assisting with animal-guest interaction programs
Requirements: Successful candidates should posses:
- Strong swimming ability
- A positive attitude
- Good communication, observation and organizational skills
- Ability to accept direction
- Work well with others as part of a team, as well as individually using initiative
- An interest and general knowledge in marine life, conservation and positive reinforcement training is beneficial
- Candidates must be willing to commit to a 40 hour training week over at least a 3 month period; including weekends and bank holidays (extended placements are negotiable)
Please note: The internship itself does not cost anything to participate in.
Internship application timeslots and deadlines are posted as follows:
August 1st ‐ October 31st
Contact: Email resumes & cover letters for attention of Nikki Morrison to Sealions@blairdrummond.com