SPECIAL TERMS – BLAIR DRUMMOND ONLINE TICKET SALES
Please note that the following terms apply to the online booking facility that we are currently operating as a result of the ongoing Pandemic with a view to facilitating access to the Park.
Please note that it is NOT currently possible to purchase tickets on arrival at the Park. All tickets must be booked on our website prior to arrival.
The Special Terms are applicable to you, in addition to our General Terms (see below). In the event of any conflict between the Special Terms and the General Terms, the Special Terms shall take precedence.
1. Please note that if you are able to purchase tickets for a Park Visit, they are being provided for the specific date and time selected. This means that we are unable to give refunds or exchanges for such purchases.
2. Tickets for Animal Experiences and Admissions tickets supplied within Adoption packs are usually valid for one year from the date of purchase. Please note that a time and date must be booked in order for you to attend an Animal Experience and we are unable to give refunds or exchanges. In the event that you have been unable to book a time for an Animal Experience in 2020 owing to Covid 19, we shall do our best to allow an extension of up to 12 months to the original expiry date, in order to arrange a time with you.
3. Advanced online purchase rates apply when tickets are purchased online.
4. Online tickets cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers or promotions.
5. As noted in the General Terms we will require written evidence of carer status for each individual wishing to take advantage of any special rates for carers (such evidence may include but is not limited to evidence of receipt or carer’s benefit(s) and/or carer’s allowance). In particular we may require a carer’s allowance letter showing a medium to high rate of award, a disability living allowance letter, a personal independence payment letter and/or a C+1 Bus Pass. We retain the right at our absolute discretion to apply a charge for any individual who does not provide such evidence, and we will refund this charge (at our discretion) if satisfactory evidence is subsequently provided within 14 days of the relevant visit. Special rates will only be applicable for those carers who are attending the Park by necessity in order to care for the relevant Visitor(s) during their visit to the Park.
6. Requests for online Tickets must be made at least 2 hours before your intended visit, unless specified otherwise on the Website.
7. Booking confirmations and QR codes must be presented for entry to the Park in printed format or on your phone. Failure to provide suitable proof of booking (including your Booking Reference Number) and personal identification will affect your entry to the Park. Members need to show their valid Membership card on entry and may be asked for other personal identification. Visitors benefitting from special rates by virtue of their status as e.g. student or senior citizen, shall be required to provide identification showing such status.
8. Please ensure that you follow all government guidelines in respect of social distancing, protective clothing and other protective measures when visiting the Park.
9. Please note that owing to government guidance and best practice you may be asked to follow certain routes (which may include a one way system) on your visit to the Park and may not have the freedom you have experienced before to walk back and forth on any given route or path. It is the responsibility of the Visitor to ensure that that they are following the rules. Due to Covid certain parts of the Park are closed to ensure the safety of our visitors, staff and animals.
10. All visitors must bring with them face coverings or face masks in light of government guidance. These must be worn in the shop and such other areas as we notify you of from time to time. We will not be able to supply masks to you free of charge but masks are for sale at the gift shop on arrival.
11. If you have any accessibility requirements please refer to our accessibility guide or contact us in advance of your visit at email@example.com to ensure that we can accommodate you on the day of your visit. We may not be able to provide all of the accessibility assistance that we usually have at our disposal.
GENERAL TERMS – BLAIR DRUMMOND SAFARI PARK
1.1 “Animal Experience” means a session for one or more individuals to learn about the Park’s animals from our staff;
1.2 “Amusement Ride” means an amusement ride located in the Park from time to time which may include for example the Teacups, Mini Off-Road Safari, Dragon Coaster and Airplanes;
1.3 “Booking” mean a booking confirmed by us for a Park Visit or an Animal Experience;
1.4″Buyer/You” means the individual or organisation who buys or agrees to buy from Us;
1.5 “Consumer” means an individual who is not acting in the course of trade or business;
1.6 “Contract” means the contract for sale between the Seller and the Buyer incorporating these General Terms and (where applicable) the Special Conditions;
1.7 “General Terms” means these general terms and conditions relating to the Park;
1.8 “Goods” means the articles that the Buyer agrees to buy from the Seller which may include Park Visits, Animal Experiences, Gift cards, Adoption packs and Memberships;
1.9 “Park” means Blair Drummond Safari Park located at Blair Drummond, Stirling, FK9 4UR;
1.10 “Park Visit” means a visit by a Visitor to the Park;
1.11 “Seller/We/Us” means Scottish African Safari Park Ltd of Blair Drummond Safari Park, Blair Drummond, Stirling, FK9 4UR that owns and operates the Website and the Park;
1.12 “Special Terms” means terms in addition to these, which we may agree with you when we confirm acceptance of your booking or order;
1.13 “Website” means www.blairdrummond.com; and
1.14 “Visitors” any person who visits the park, whether or not the Buyer.
2.1 If the Buyer is a Consumer, nothing in these General Terms shall affect the Buyer’s statutory consumer rights.
2.2 These General Terms shall apply to all contracts for sale between the Seller to the Buyer. They shall prevail over any other documentation or communication from the Buyer. These General Terms may be subject to modification by the Special Terms.
2.3 Any variation to these General Terms (other than Special Terms ) shall be inapplicable unless expressly agreed to in writing by the Seller.
3.1 All orders shall be deemed to be an offer by the Buyer to purchase pursuant to these General Terms and are subject to acceptance by the Seller. The Seller may choose not to accept an order for any reason.
3.3 Tickets for Park visits may be upgraded to season tickets at the information booth located at the Park.
4 PRICE AND PAYMENT
4.1 The price of the Goods or Bookings shall be that stipulated on the Website. The price is inclusive of VAT.
4.2 The total purchase price, including VAT and delivery charges, if any, will be displayed in the Buyer’s shopping cart prior to confirming the order.
4.3 We will require written evidence of carer status for each individual wishing to take advantage of any special rates or discounts for carers when accompanying relevant Visitors (such evidence may include but is not limited to evidence of receipt of carer’s benefit(s) and/or carer’s allowance ). In particular we may require a carer’s allowance letter showing a medium to high rate of award, a disability living allowance letter, a personal independence payment letter and/or a C+1 Bus Pass. We retain the right at our absolute discretion to apply a charge for any individual who does not provide such evidence, and we will refund this charge (at our discretion) if satisfactory evidence is subsequently provided within 14 days of the relevant visit.
4.4 Please note that tickets are non refundable.
5 RIGHTS OF SELLER
5.1 The Seller reserves the right to periodically update prices on the Website. The Seller shall make every effort to ensure prices are correct at the point at which the Buyer places an order.
6 AGE RESTRICTIONS
6.1 Where Park rides or activities may only be purchased by persons of a certain age the Buyer will be asked when placing an order to declare that they are of the appropriate legal age to make such purchases. In addition the Buyer confirms that Visitors for whom tickets are purchased shall meet any age restrictions for the relevant rides and/or activities.
7.1 Where any items are being delivered to the Buyer, the Seller shall use its reasonable endeavours to meet any date agreed for delivery. In any event time of delivery shall not be of the essence and the Seller shall not be liable for any losses, costs, damages or expenses incurred by the Buyer or any third party arising directly or indirectly out of any failure to meet any estimated delivery date.
7.2 Delivery shall be made to the Buyer’s address specified in the order unless agreed otherwise between the parties.
8. WEATHER AND OTHER DISRUPTIONS
8.1 From time to time certain areas of the Park may not be able to be opened safely due to rain or other weather conditions.
8.2 Certain areas of the Park may be closed from time due to the need for repairs or maintenance.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
9.1 In the event of any breach of these General Terms by the Seller, the Seller’s liability shall be limited to damages not exceed the price paid by the Buyer and the Seller shall under no circumstances be liable for any indirect, incidental or consequential loss or damage whatever.
9.2 Nothing in these General Terms shall exclude or limit the liability of the Seller for death or personal injury resulting from the negligence of the Seller or that of the Seller’s agents or employees.
9.3 In the event that you have a complaint about the Park, we will do our best to address this with you, but we shall not be obliged to refund the price of your ticket(s) unless required to do so by law.
9.4 In the event that you cannot attend the Park for your intended visit, we shall not be obliged to refund the price of your ticket(s) unless required to do so by law.
10. ATTENDANCE AT THE PARK
10.1Children (and other Visitors who require supervision) must be supervised and accompanied by appropriate adults at all times.
10.2 If any member of your party is over the age of 16 but requires support from appropriate adults, you shall ensure that such individual(s) have such support at all times during your visit to the Park.
10.3 We shall be entitled at our absolute discretion to ensure that that members of your party bring their visit to the Park to an end immediately if we reasonably believe that the safety of any member of your party, or any third party (including our staff) is in jeopardy as a result of the actions or omissions of anyone in your group.
10.4 If you have any accessibility requirements please contact us to ensure that we can accommodate you on the day of your visit.
10.5 Anyone parking at the Park does so at their own risk.
10.6 Anyone using Amusement Rides or children’s play areas, does so at their own risk
10.7 Personal possessions and property are brought to the park entirely at your own risk. We shall not be liable to you for loss of or damage to such possessions or property other than in respect of liability that cannot lawfully be excluded by us.
10.8 Each animal experience admits one adult for the day of the experience. The Junior Keeper experience also includes an adult to supervise. Junior Keeper experiences and meerkat experiences are suitable for children aged 10 to 16. The Keeper for the day experience is suitable for people aged over 19 years. All other animal experiences are suitable for people aged over 16yrs.
No waiver or delay by the Seller (whether express or implied) in enforcing any of its rights under this contract shall prejudice its rights to do so in the future.
12. FORCE MAJEURE
The Seller shall not be liable for any delay or failure to perform any of its obligations if the delay or failure results from events or circumstances outside its reasonable control, including but not limited to epidemic or pandemic, acts of God, flood, drought, earthquake or other natural disaster, strikes, lock outs, accidents, terrorist attack, civil war, civil commotion or riots, threat of or preparation for war, armed conflict, imposition of sanctions, embargo, or breaking off of diplomatic relations, fire, failure of any communications, telecommunications or computer system, breakdown of plant or machinery, collapse of buildings, explosion or accident or shortage or unavailability of raw materials from a natural source of supply, and the Seller shall be entitled to a reasonable extension of its obligations
If any term or provision of these General Terms is held invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason by any court of competent jurisdiction such provision shall be severed and the remainder of the provisions hereof shall continue in full force and effect as if these General Terms had been agreed with the invalid illegal or unenforceable provision eliminated.
14. DATA PROTECTION AND PRIVACY
15. CHANGES TO GENERAL TERMS
The Seller shall be entitled to alter these General Terms at any time but this right shall not affect the existing General Terms accepted by the Buyer upon making a purchase.
16. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
These General Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of Scotland and the parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts.
- Adoption packs purchased online will be dispatched within seven days of purchase to the address specified at time of purchase. Delivery will be by standard second class Royal Mail and Blair Drummond Safari Park is not responsible for any delays, losses or damages once the pack has been posted. We can only send adoption packs to addresses within the UK.
- Recipients are responsible for supplying their own details for entry onto the Adopters Hall of Fame. The details of how to do this are included in the adoption pack. By providing your details for the Adopters Hall of Fame you are agreeing for your name and town of residence to be displayed on the Blair Drummond Safari Park website. It can take up to 7 days for the online Adopters Hall of Fame to be updated and your name will be displayed for 12 months.
- Adoption applies to the species and not to specific animals. Adoptions are not exclusive and other people can also adopt the same species.
- Blair Drummond Safari Park’s animal collection is always subject to change and if your adopted species is withdrawn from the collection, income from your adoption will be used towards the conservation of other animals at the Safari Park and in the wild.
- We cannot guarantee that your adopted species will be visible on the day that you visit.
- All animals adopted remain the property of Blair Drummond Safari Park.
- Each adoption pack includes the benefits as stated on the adoptions web page. If any item in the adopter’s gift pack is not available, a suitable substitute will be offered. Blair Drummond Safari Park reserve the right to change these benefits at any time and without prior notice.
- Your adoption admission ticket admits one person (child, adult or senior) to Blair Drummond Safari Park. It is valid on one occasion only and must be used before the expiry date indicated on the front. This ticket cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. It is non-transferable and has no cash value.
- Activated cards can be used for full or part payment of tickets or goods purchased at Blair Drummond Safari and Adventure Park. They cannot be used to purchase goods online and card holders cannot benefit from online prices. They cannot be exchanged for cash and no change will be given but the balance may be applied to future purchases.
- Any refunds on purchases made with a gift card will be credited to a gift card and we cannot be held liable for lost, stolen or damaged gift cards.
- After 24 months of consecutive non-use, the gift card will expire and any balance remaining will be deducted.
- Gift cards can be topped up at the Ticket Office or Information Desk and the maximum limit is £250.
- Gift Cards will be sent by first class post and will be dispatched within two working days of purchase. Delivery should be completed to all UK mainland addresses within 5 working days of purchase (subject to Royal Mail postal service delivery times. Please note Christmas gift purchases may take longer to arrive).
- Seasonal Memberships are non-refundable. They cannot be exchanged for other tickets, goods or services and are valid for one year from date of purchase.
- Seasonal Memberships can only be used by the named holder and must be presented to ticket staff at each visit.